taking flight into art, love, and life (the blog)

Wednesday, June 06, 2012

She's coming to my studio and YOU ARE INVITED!

Untitled

Longtime sponsor and friend Susannah Conway's new book, This I Know: Notes On Unraveling The Heart has launched, friends. And it's off. Taking Flight. Soaring. Changing Lives.


Earlier this week, I had a fun opportunity to chat with her about the book via a Skype call. I got to tell her through the screen, heart to heart, what I thought of her book. I asked her some questions. She answered. She charmed. She laughed. I read a bit of her book out loud. We both got teary. Check out the video to see us in action. So happy to share her and her book with you! You can order her book on Amazon OR over on her site.

And guess what's even better?

Rearranging over here ;)

Susannah is making a stop at my studio during her book tour! 
OMG!  
We'd love it if YOU joined us! 

We'll mingle, sip on wine, and listen to Susannah read a bit from her book followed by conversations and Q+A about life, love, grief, blogosphere, photography, and more.

Nothing crazy, just a simple gathering of those who adore all things Susannah.

Warning: girlie fun, cussing, and lots of hugs will likely occur.

When: Monday, July 9th from 5pm to 7pm
Where: Kelly Rae's Studio in Portland, Oregon (Pearl District)
Why: Because we want to make Susannah's stop in Portland the best on her book tour!

RSVP NOW, friends! Like, right now

UPDATED: We have reached our max amount of RSVPs. If you would like to be placed on the waiting list, please send me an email at kellyraeroberts@gmail.com and I'll get you sorted. Thanks! 

15 comments:

Felicia said...

Two of my favourite women in one room - with that couch?
I am checking the cost of flights now...... probably won't happen, but you never know. I'll put it out in the universe and see!!
If I don't get there, have a ball! x

ten_33 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Lise Meijer said...

Beautyful, down to earth, life-filled interwiew. I enjoyed it and smiled and teared with you ;-) Thanks for sharing it here.

Rose D., NJ said...

I am SOOOO jealous I live on the East Coast! Have fun.

Erin Richardson said...

Guaranteed to be an awesome experience for everyone!

I wasn't ready to benefit from Susannah's Unravelling course. I have ordered the book (thanks for reminding me Kelly Rae)

I live in the UK, so have a great time everyone ♥

vivienne said...

So fabulous! I'll be in PDX then so I'm in!

sonyamacdesigns said...

love the super honesty here ... use of the f bomb helps to foster connections with others ... as this Jesus lover is so far from perfect ... a few ugly words here & there gives others a chance to see the REAL in us ALL

Mairi said...

wonderful interview! I loved it :) Thank you for the new way your blog is taking. It is very inspiring.

Susan said...

thanks Kelly what a great interview - just ordered Susannah's book - so happy you have your comments back on !! & I hope you'll be doing lots more interviews just like this. Sigh wish I could visit you both in Portland but Nova Scotia is a long way away ...
one day ;-) xo Susan

kimberly wilson said...

will be there with bells on. excited to meet you both! x

gatheress said...

Please add me to the list - I would love to meet you both and I just happen to be in Portland that week!

OneRareBird said...

I'm so excited Susannah is coming! I've participated in both Unraveling 1 & 2, and now I have her lovely book that I've been carrying around with me for weeks. It will be so wonderful to finally meet Susannah in person - thank you for hosting and creating this wonderful opportunity :)

xo - jessica

Kel said...

Wow, I really wish I could be there!

rental mobil jakarta said...

Very nice, thanks for sharing.

Marianne said...

Is it full? Can I come? I don't get much time with Sus and I really want to be there to cheer at her first US book event! x
Marianne





circles